How Much Mortgage Can I Get On My Salary

How Much Mortgage Can I Get On My Salary?

The average deposit percentage for UK first-time buyers was 21% in 2022, meaning they would have to take out the remaining 79% as a mortgage. ( source )

However, not everyone might be eligible to get a mortgage for this amount. So, the question becomes: how much mortgage can I get on my salary?

The amount of mortgage you can afford depends heavily on your income and...

Dandara to host mortgage information event at Sussex development

Dandara is kicking off the New Year by inviting prospective buyers to a financial planning event on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th of January from 10am-5pm at Fontwell Meadows on Fontwell Avenue, West Sussex.

With 41% of UK adults making a New Year’s resolution to sort out their finances and spending*, the event comes at the perfect time for local buyers considering making a move....


Buy-to-let mortgage payments increase by 286% in one year

The latest mortgage market analysis by specialist property lending experts, Octane Capital , reveals that buy-to-let landlords are facing a tougher time securing finance due to a significant reduction in product choice and rising mortgage rates.

The debate around rising mortgage rates has so far been centred around the strife facing homeowners and families, but it’s also had an...

Bridge loan

Bridging loans on the increase as rising base rates causing housing market volatility

The latest market analysis by mortgage experts, Revolution Brokers , reveals that bridging loan lending has increased by nearly 50% since the Bank of England base rates began rising at the end of 2021.

Bridging loans are high-interest, short-term emergency loans often used by homebuyers who need to bridge the gap between buying a new home and selling their existing home.


Household Income

Increasing mortgage costs swallow 27.9% of household income - up 3.1% since last rates hike

The latest research by property purchasing specialist, House Buyer Bureau , has revealed that increasing mortgage rates are now likely to see the average annual cost of a mortgage repayment consume 27.9% of our household income, a 3.1% increase as a result of the latest increase to interest rates.

House Buyer Bureau analysed the current cost of repaying a mortgage, the proportion of...


Remortgagers driving forecasted lending increase in 2022 as homebuyer demand drops

The latest market analysis by mortgage experts, Revolution Brokers , has revealed that despite recent turbulence following a string of base rate increases, the total sum of lending secured across the UK property market is on course to sit two per cent higher than it did in 2021.

Based on an analysis of lending data from the Bank of England, the research by Revolution Brokers...

Property ladder

£76,000 - The cost of homeownership in the first year alone

The latest research by estate agent comparison site, , has revealed that the average homebuyer across England is now paying almost £76,000 during the initial year following a property purchase, although this cost climbs as high as £209,329 in some areas of the market.

GetAgent analysed the current cost of homeownership, not only taking into account the initial hurdle...


One-third of retirees in South West have already downsized, with a further 11% to follow, as the cost of living bites

With the cost of living on the rise, new research by Churchill Retirement Living has found that over a quarter (27%) of retired adults in the South West are considering a part time job to keep afloat - and 14% have already gone back to work.

However, for the 56% who said they are not keen to return to work, the apartments at Churchill Retirement Living provide an alternative way for...

Monthly mortgage payments set to increase by £1,300 per year by the end of 2022

The latest market analysis by Revolution Brokers has revealed that the average monthly cost of repaying a mortgage has climbed by 56% in the last decade, with a further 8% increase forecast by the end of the year.

Revolution Brokers looked at the average monthly cost of repaying a mortgage based on the average property value minus a 15% deposit and using the average standard variable...

Getting mortgage-ready

Stipendium, the platform that simplifies life’s complex events , has released a number of top tips to help the nation’s homebuyers, and first-time buyers in particular, when it comes to getting mortgage ready ahead of a potential purchase.

Stipendiums has broken down the homebuying process into 12 essential steps via their first product release, Merge , and will be releasing a series...